OPSC ASO Exam Pattern, Syllabus, and Eligibility
OPSC has different sets of exams to hire candidates for various posts. In the case of hiring an Assistant Section Officer, they conduct the ASO Exam. It is an annual exam with lakhs of applicants. In 2022 there were more than 700+ vacancies in Odisha Secretariat across the state.
These associates work as officer cadres in the Odisha Secretariat of OPSC every year. This job mostly attracts the young generation who have recently graduated from their colleges. The reason for this is entry-level secure and high-income jobs.
It attracts many youths to apply for this post. Many experienced job workers also apply for the security aspect of the job due to Attract salary and good environment. The exam pattern is similar to other OPSC exams but there are no interviews in the final stage.
The reason for this appears to be lower-level or entry-level positions. There are two stages of this exam – a written test and a practical exam which have an overlapping syllabus. Important elements of the ASO exam are –
OPSC ASO Vacancy 2022
|Name of the board||Odisha Public Service Commission|
|Name Of The Post||Assistant Section Officer|
|Salary||9300 – Rs. 34,800|
|Job Location||BBSR (Odisha)|
|Exam Mode||Online (CBT)|
|Exam Language||Odia & Hindi|
|Application Fees||General /OBC- Rs 500/- |
OPSC ASO Exam 2022
|Important Events||Date – Tentative|
|Online application||January 2022|
|Deadline registration||February 2022|
|Exam Admit Card||August 2022|
|CBT Exam Date||August 2022|
|Practical Exam||November 2022|
|Final Result||January 2023|
OPSC ASO Exam Syllabus
- Logical Reasoning
- Alphanumeric Series
- Ranking/Directions/Alphabet Test
- Data Sufficiency
- Coded InequalitiesSyllogism
- Blood Relations
- Seating Arrangement
- Sequence & Series
- Profit & Loss
- Number Systems
- Data Interpretation
- Mixtures & Alligations
- Time & Distance
- Simple Interest & Compound Interest
- Surds & Indices
- Work & Time
- Combination & Probability
- Ratio & Proportion
- Reading Comprehension
- Paragraph Completion
- Para jumbles
- Multiple Meaning /Error Spotting
- Fill in the blanks
- Cloze Test
- Banking industry
- Awards, and honors
- Books and authors
- Latest appointments
- Government Schemes
- Country-capital, country-currency,
- Headquarters of financial organizations
- Constituencies of ministers
- Static Awareness
- Banking and Financial Awareness
- Bhrama Sansodhon/Chinhata
- Kala ( Atita/Bartaman/Bhabisyat)
- Biparita Bodhok Sabda
- Kriya Bisesana
- Kriya-Karta Samandha
- Bakya Punar Nivyasa
OPSC ASO Exam Pattern
OPSC ASO Computer Based Test Examination
- It takes place an online entrance test
- There are a total of 400 multiple-choice questions
- There are 5 sections in this paper –
- Reasoning Ability
- English Grammar
- Odia Grammar
- General Awareness
- The total duration of the paper is 6 hour
- There is a deduction of ¼ th marks for every wrong answer
The exam pattern of the OPSC ASO Exam is –
|Topics||Questions/Marks||Duration of Exam|
|General Awareness||100||1.5 hours|
|Reasoning and Maths||50 each||1.5 hours|
|Language: English and Odia||100 from each language||2 hours|
|Computer Skill Test||5 questions||1 hour|
OPSC ASO Practical Exam
- It takes place offline at Computer Centre
- There are 05 Practical questions by OPSC
- It is for 50 marks in total
- The total time is 1 hour
- There are four sections in this paper –
- This exam Qualify in Nature
The exam pattern of the Computer Practical Exam is –
|Name Of The Exam||OPSC ASO Practical Exam|
|Number Of Questions||05|
|Questions From||Windows, MS Office ( Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Ms. Access, Usage Of Internet Service.|
OPSC ASO Exam Eligibility
Nationality and Education
- The candidate must be an Indian citizen.
- Candidates should be known Odia Language
- A graduate from a recognized university
Age and Relaxation
- Not 21 years or above 32 years of age
- Age relaxation for SC – 5 years
- Age relaxation for ST – 10 years
- Age relaxation for PwD (General) – 10 years
- Age relaxation for PwD (SC /ST) – 15 years
- Age relaxation for PwD (OBC) – 13 years
- Age relaxation for Ex-Servicemen/Disabled Ex-Servicemen – service years + 15 years
OPSC ASO Application and Admit Card
- Visit the official page of OPSC
- Fill up the application form online
- Upload the documents
- Pay the application fees
- Submit the form
- Take the printout for reference
The application fees for the exam are –
- General/OBC/MOBC/Others – Rs. 500/-
- SC/ST/PWD – Nil
The Admit Card gets available on the OPSC official page before the examination. There is a separate card for CBT Exam and Practical examination. Candidates must carry a printout of the ASO Exam card to the center. Registration number and DOB will allow applicants to download their admit cards from the Official Website Of OPSC.
OPSC ASO Result and Cut off
The OPSC releases a merit list at the end of the examination process. The cut-off for the CBT Exam comes before the basis on which the candidates appear for the Computer Practical Test. The cut-off differs from category to category. It is generally high for the general category and lower for the reserved category.
|OPSC ASO Previous Year Cutoff|
|Autism, ID, SD, MD||123.491||–|
How To OPSC ASO Exam Preparation
- Well-defined study plan and reference to OPSC ASO previous year question papers.
- Refer to exam analysis of the ASO Exam previous year to know the system better.
- Practicing the OPSC ASO previous year papers for an overview of the actual test.
- Take mock tests to know your strengths and weaknesses before attaining an exam.
- Self Study is more Important to Crack OPSC ASO Exam
- Choose A Better Author Book. Here we refer to Some Book
The OPSC ASO examination has two basic levels of exam. They both are online examinations Easy.
Most of the OPSC ASO candidates are new in the professional, maybe a bit lost regarding the exam pattern and syllabus. This article will guide you step to step about what an OPSC ASO exam is, its syllabus, time, questions, vacancy, salary, eligibility, application, and more.
All the OPSC Assistant Section Officer ( ASO) aspirants should go through it once before applying for the exams. We also added some OPSC ASO exam tips so that your preparation process has a smooth flow.
Important Link For OPSC ASO Exam
|Official Website||Click Here|
|Official Notification||Click Here|
|Download PDF||Click here|
|Best ASO Preparation Book||Click here|
OPSC ASO Recruitment 2022: FAQ
1️⃣ What is the Salary of an Assistant Section Officer?
An ASO Officer salary has basic pay starting from 9300 – Rs. 34,800 with GP Rs. 4,200 Per Month.
2️⃣ How can I get a job in Secretariat Orissa?
Becoming an ASO officer is not an easy task, so you will have to work hard and be well prepared for OPSC Exam.
3️⃣ What is the duty of ASO in Odisha?
The profile of an Assistant Section Officer allows you flexible working hours along with job security and a handsome salary. Assistant Section Officer is an important post in any government department in secretariate
4️⃣ What is the Qualification required for Assistant Section Officer?
A Candidate Must have qualified for any graduation from a recognized university
5️⃣ What is the selection process for OPSC Aso Exam?
The ASO candidate’s selection process involves 3 stages: CBT Exam, Computer Practical Test, and Document Verification.
6️⃣ What is the Age Requirement for OPSC ASO recruitment 2022?
A Candidate Must Have a Minimum of 21 Years Old and a Maximum 32 years old.
7️⃣ What is the total number of vacancies released for the OPSC ASO 2022?
There are 796 Post Released By OPSC For Assistant Section Officers in 2022